Saturday, March 31, 2012


Saturday-night  Date-night...

So tonight, Jean and I went out for dinner.  I wanted to cook at home, but  I needed a night out after a LONG week at the bank, working and reworking, AND REworking the schedules, over and over and over and over...ect. You get the picture.

After much thought and debate (and looking over the menu on-line), we decided on Mahoney’s All-American Grill at 958 W. 6th Ave - Oshkosh, WI.  (920) 230-3737 - mahoneysgrill@gmail.com.

At home I had decided on the Spinach and Artichoke Salmon  (Pan-seared salmon topped with spinach and artichoke dip, served with mashed potatoes and asparagus).  My mouth was watering before we got to the garage and into the truck.

We arrived at Mahoney's and there wasn't  a wait time at all.  (Oh thank God!)  Still, Jean and I sat at the bar for a few drinks before we journeyed on to our gastronomical utopia.  Knowing that I was going to have salmon, I had a glass of Chardonnay while Jean had a beer.  After a few drinks we ventured on to the dinning room to partake of the food delights that awaited us.

Our server, Chloe, greeted us with a warm smile and a pen in hand.  I informed her that I had looked over the menu at home and I was having the Spinach and Artichoke Salmon.  The look in her eye was one of "Oh Crap. Now I have to explain again that we are OUT of salmon."  She let me down with such charm and grace.  Chloe KNOWS her job well.

She had suggested other fish choices for me, but I'm doing a Forty Day Fast with a very restricted menu and this was going to be a challenge.  (I'm only eating Fish, fresh fruits & vegetables, eggs, cheese, nuts, and legumes.)
Chloe to the rescue!  She sugested that I have the  Pan-Fried Walleye and she would ask the chef to make it without the breading.  ( He did, just for me.)

So... I started with the Creamy Tomato Basil soup...




Yum, Yum!!!

This was followed by the Pan-Fried Walleye (Pan-fried Canadian Walleye atop pesto seasoned
mashed potatoes topped with, onion, tomato, and fresh baby spinach)

It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!






All gone!!  :-)


Jean had the Smokehouse Angus burger
(Angus burger  smothered in
caramelized onions, jalapenos, ham, and
smoked-bacon topped with smoked provolone
and an aged-cheddar ale sauce)



The Parmesan  fries were great.  But, man oh man I wanted  to try that burger!! 
 (After Good Friday I'll be able to do just that.  LOL!)

So, if you are in or near Oshkosh, Wisconsin and want some great food,  try Mahoney's All America Pub.  You won't be disappointed!






No comments:

Post a Comment